Saturday, September 19, 2009

Club Sectionals 2009 - 'Twas the Night Before

So nervous.

My team is Dirty Ladies A (ranked 9th out of 12... and it's technically an X/Y team). We're "A5" our schedule is as follows:

Saturday
9:00-10:20 - Field 23 - vs. YHB
10:30-11:50 - Field - 22 vs. Touch of Grey
12:00-1:20 - Field 20 - vs. Scandal (this game is going to be atrocious as they are the number 1 seed, and are incredible...UGH)
1:30-2:50 - Field 22 - vs. UVA Hydrya Y
3:00-4:20 - Field 23 - vs Georgetown

And Sunday we play until we lose I think. And there are 6 bids to Regionals. This is only Club Regionals which isn't a big deal for a college team. Especially ours, because (unlike the boys) we are taking this opportunity to give our new girls playing time and experience. WOOT! And we're playing Scandal and Touch of Grey who have players that are old and have been playing together for years. It's going to be death. No breaks.

This is my roster:

Sondra (newbie), Carley Defranco (newbie), Alyssa Martori (newbie), Christine (newbie), Tasia (newbie playing in place of other newbie Maddi), Natalie (newbie), Kate Peters ("newbie" only play Sunday because she is going with Club Soccer on Saturday), Jessie (newbie), Jordan (half newbie), Natasha, Susie, Valerie, Leeann, Maria, Krugs, Abby McG, Taylar, and me!

We should do alright. We have some good newcomers, plus a pretty solid returning line. I don't know how my "skills" will be best used but we'll see. Let's be honest, I'm so nervous I've been doing laundry instead of sleeping. It should be alright though, right? I'm a returner which means not only am I depended on to be a consistently good player (pah!) but I also have to teach/have patience with the newbies. I hope we throw zone, we have a sick cup in our roster.

I could go on and on about what I'm nervous about, how weird this is to be playing with game without teammates we considered to be core players. I mean seriously, Jessie told me, "I'll swipe you in to Bizarro if you promise to throw me a big throw so I can score." I have faux-responsibility for her freshman point. Kendall, can you come back so these girls stop thinking I am a handler? And seriously, who is going to throw that beautiful huck to the back corner...

Returners have been looking hot, and a bunch of the newbies have been picking things up quickly. I just want to do well. But doing well against Scandal is laughable. And 5 games in a row without a break is going to be ridiculous.

At least Dave is coming up to watch, take me out for dinner, and then drive me home. Yay! Maybe I'll ask him for relationship advice. WOOHOO.

Must fold laundry. Then get at least 3 hours of sleep.

So. Nervous.

1 comment:

Anna said...

FIA you secret blogging blogger you. I had no idea! Nice frizbay recap. Go get 'em.