I plan to post some pictures from New Years and things like that, just to catch you (or myself) up on what has been happening in my life. I met a very cute guy on Christmas Eve but he probably (and obviously) is not interested, but a crush after so long is progress for me.
My new obsession with my friends (Debra and Kelsie at least) has been board games. ALL BOARD GAMES. Balderdash, Wise and Otherwise, Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, Cranium, and even Therapy! Board games are nice and social and just a goooooooood time.
New Years was fun, we had a bunch of people over, including Debra and Philippe (Kelsie), and we all played board games and it was just amazing. The best part was definitely playing Scategories by the fire with Dave, Debra, and Kelsie. Yahtzee was pretty cool too but it was 4AM and we were dying, BUT I WON WITH A 6-YAHTZEE AND 285 POINTS! Oh baby.
School has been okay, I had a stressful time last week with a DBQ and no sleep because I didn't work on it during break. My grades aren't spectacular but I'm okay, I am more worried about the extracurricular aspect of getting into college. Which is a segue into my next topic.
NFTY has finally become a part of my life. In order to go to NFTY Convention in Philly I had to join a NFTY-associated TYG, and so I finally convinced my parents to let me join the reform temple in Hillsborough (which has always been considered too far away). Tonight I attended a post-Confirmation class with a Rabbi Mo. I met a bunch of kids from outside Monty, many were band kids, and some like Broadway music (which is an obsession I am over), and some like Dispatch and other chill music, and they are all funny and nice and intelligent. I look forward to future meetings with more discussion rather than shmooze time. The president of SMOOCHY (the TYG) found me on facebook last night, and his enthusiasm brought me back to camp-induced euphoria. Rob is very nice and we have a lot in common; I forsee a beautiful friendship. All in all, tonight was amazing and I am so excited for future NFTY things! CONVENTION IN 38 DAYS!!!
Fighting with my parents... things got intense for me and I have done and said some things I am not proud of but peace has been made with my mom. I want my dad to apologize... I miss him and I am too stubborn to "give in" first.
OH! A new obsession, thanks to the young Mr. Ramo I have found love in Battlestar Galactica. It is not sci fi, it is intense drama. It is dark, gritty, and intelligent, and I love it intensely. I have watched the mini-series, and the first two seasons, and all of the third season so far. The show resumes on the 21st and I am SO EXCITED. Just to be weird for a second, if they kill Starbuck I will be very upset because she is my favorite character, despite her problems, she is strong and twisted and just fascinating. I understand the show cannot go on forever, but please I need a few more seasons! WATCH THE SHOW. I am talking to no one but ZOMGBATTLESTARGALACTICA
End scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment