Friday, May 1, 2009

Writing (1)

Paper writing is an interesting task. Sometimes you hit that stride, that flow where your thoughts are racing and ideas are traveling faster than the rhythms you can tap out on the keys. Other times... other times you choke and nothing comes out. It is during those moments of blank thought that I most want to write; my fingers feel that phantom itch to put words on the page but my brain is rebelling, feeling dull and stagnant.

But most times I love to write in that moment when my fingers cannot fly fast enough, or my wrist grows sore from my scratching down journal entries and letters that never get sent. There is painful indentation that inevitably sinks into my pointer finger and thumb, and my shoulders grow tight from eagerly bending over the keyboard. The pain is deliciously worth it when I can produce something so naturally and happily.

At this moment I should be working on outlines for potential "short answers" on my Lit final. I need to get an "A" and I honestly think I can. If I try. If I honestly try.



Apply to anything and everything:

Goal: Try.
Goal 2: Don't be afraid to fail.

No comments: